Voila, I’m satisfied enough to push trough the updates. Here is what’s new compared to the last updates (besides fresh OSM data):
1. Many new POI (about 70 new totalling now around 300 – all POI available as preset in JOSM and many more….) and much nicericons for them (mainly copied from JOSM) plus the ability to search for them in the proper category. Especially handy in Mapsource. Some POI still missing icons. I will add them sometimes.
2. Update to Routing Parameters – but not working like I want it to. Still failing on routes over long distances. As this has been better already I will have to keep on improving here.
3. Tracktype and Sac_scale are shown –> well not in Mapsource but on the GPS and in Qlandkarte GT.
4. Oneways are still disrespected. This is due to how mkgmap reads in the style-file. I hope it get’s changed, or I will look for another solution to implement it.
– I hope that on the next updates I will have worked out how I can implement routing over longer distances better. Maybe We/I have to accept however that the routing engine is too underpowered to give good […]
Well thanks to Qlandkarte GT it is now possible to view even more information from OSM on your computer screen. I will add tracktype and sac:scale information to the Openmtbmaps. There is one catch. While the additional information will be displayed on most GPS units (at least on Vista HCx and 60CSx) – it will not be shown in Mapsource.
Qlandkarte GT however will display the Overlays. Note that because I don’t want to increase the tile number too much tracktype will only be shown outside of tunnels and bridges (here you should not need tracktype anyhow). And sac:scale will be shown in preference to oneway streets (an unlikely combination too).
Installation of Qlandkarte GT in Ubuntu x64 did run very smooth BTW – took me bout 15 minutes. For instructions read on here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/QLandkarte
While I got Qlandkarte GT running on Windows XP 32bit after the hassle of adding gdal to system path (I used the free tool Redmond Path for this as for all of the progs I have to add to Win system path) which is not done in standard installation (Qlandkarte complained on startup that gdal.fw cannot be found), I have not yet suceeded in Windows […]